- PREMIUM QUALITY: This double-sided whetstone sharpener is made of heavy-duty white corundum, which consists of white aluminum oxide that is an iron-free non-disposable abrasive. Extremely strong and brittle, each stone has an aggressive impact on knives when sharpening and is long lasting.
- COARSE WHETSTONE: The red surfaced side sharpens the edges of tools, blades and knives through grinding, keeping your edges sharp on such instruments as kitchen knives, pocket or hunting knives, and more.
- POLISHING WHETSTONE: The white surfaced side is for honing and polishing the blade edges using a fine grit on the pebble stone to restore your knives and tools back to life.
- 400 Grit: Four hundred grit whetstone is a medium to medium fine coarse grit with a good metal removal rate and the minimum recommended final stage for knifes. Blade edges will appear frosted but not scratched and leave your knife passed dull but not a super fine sharp.
- 1000 Grit: One thousand grit whetstone is a fine coarse with a modest sharpening rate and brings back your dull knifes to a sharpness of a factory standard edges on knifes when new. Leaves metal edge with frosted appearance.
This double sided stone comes in two grits for sharpening and honing. The blue side is #400 grit and used for sharpening the blade while the white side is #1000 grit and is used for honing the blade. Has a non slip rubber pad for stability and safety while using. For added safety a silicone base used for holding the stone. For optimal sharpening, a 15 – 20 degree angle is recommended. That’s why we include an easy to use angle guide to help you find that correct angle.
Submerge the stone in water for at least 10 to 15 minutes before sharpening or until the bubbles stop forming. Then place the stone on the silicone base. Then place it in the non slip bamboo base to stabilize it while sharpening.