- PREMIUM QUALITY: This double-sided whetstone sharpener is made of heavy-duty white corundum, which consists of white aluminum oxide that is an iron-free non-disposable abrasive. Extremely strong and brittle, each stone has an aggressive impact on knives when sharpening and is long lasting.
- FINISHING WHETSTONE: The green surfaced side sharpens the edges of tools, blades and knives through grinding, keeping your edges sharp on such instruments as kitchen knives, pocket or hunting knives, and more.
- POLISHING WHETSTONE: The white surfaced side is for honing and polishing the blade edges using a fine grit on the pebble stone to restore your knives and tools back to life.
- 3000 Grit: Three thousand grit whetstone is a very fine grit that will leave any knife edge extremely sharp and a light reflecting knife. Fine grits like this take time as it is a slow sharpening speed to reach perfection.
- 8000 Grit: Eight thousand grit whetstone is a extremely fine grit that will leave your knife edge with a near mirror polish and a razor blade edge. Also known as finishing
This double sided stone comes in two grits for sharpening and honing. The blue side is #3000 grit and used for sharpening the blade while the white side is #8000 grit and is used for fine honing the blade. Has a non slip rubber pad for stability and safety while using. For added safety a silicone base used for holding the stone. For optimal sharpening, a 15 – 20 degree angle is recommended. That’s why we include an easy to use angle guide to help you find that correct angle.
Submerge the stone in water for at least 10 to 15 minutes before sharpening or until the bubbles stop forming. Then place the stone on the silicone base. Then place it in the non slip bamboo base to stabilize it while sharpening.